Legions a Dark Samurai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Episode 2: Space Race from Space

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:36 am

Kespa sensed the words "Peace, do you come in peace?" in her mind. This human must be a telepath.

--

Amadea's IQ is 12, roll to telecommunicate is 10 - an easy success.
Back to top Go down
https://dksm.canadian-forum.com
TheRealKitKat

TheRealKitKat

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:09 pm

A telepath! Excellent.

Kespa focused and thought, "Peace, yes, peace. I need your help. My ship crashed."

She waved again and this time remembered to smile, but her sharp teeth made it awkward and it didn't really look friendly.
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:16 pm

"Who are you?" Dane managed to rasp through the cold wind. "Why have you come to Earth?"

He kept his rifle pointed straight at the creature. Her pungent odor was overwhelming to his sensitive nose. Suddenly a new smell crossed his path, and it was definitely not friendly. Just loud enough for his companions to hear, Dane said, "We are about to have company, possibly armored company."
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 4:03 pm

"Bulldog this is Rich" Xiaoming pulls out his radio, "We have contact with a creature, alien in nature, very alien, it would seem. Also Dane is warning us of incoming possible armed company. Any backup you can provide? We can't decide if the alien creature is hostile in nature. Dane isn't really capable of fighting under the current condition"
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 5:15 pm

"I CAN FIGHT JUST FINE," Dane yelled fiercely, which quickly degenerated into a sputtering cough.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 5:37 pm

"We don't need to fight anyone...but the Russians..." Amadea said, looking behind her at the approaching police force.

"It can telecommunicate, and it says it comes in peace. It's ship has been damaged," she alerted her companions. typical, she thought to herself. She sent back: "we will do our best to help. Stay where you are."
Back to top Go down
TheRealKitKat

TheRealKitKat

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Kespa will ready her shotgun and attempt to determine how many Russians are with the police (Infravision).
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Lowering his weapon, Dane muttered, "Fine." The engines were audible now, and there was no way they be able to win in a race to crash site. It was fight or flight, and obviously flight was not a option.

"We need to assess this situation, we can't beat them to the crash if they have vehicles." Besides, they might be able to obtain a vehicle of their own, one with a heater. Dane began to trudge back towards the town, being careful to maintain a low profile. Suddenly remembering the newcomer, he said, "I don't think you want the... what was it? Russians finding your craft. I suggest you come with us."
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:04 pm

"Can you understand us?" Amadea asked without telepathic help.
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:38 pm

"Correction, Bulldog, it CLAIMS to be peaceful. How do we process this?" Sensing his colleagues staring at him, he turns and tried to defend himself:"What, don't you remember Gallaxhar from Monsters vs. Aliens? 'People of Earth, we come in peace. However, most of you will not survive these next 24 hours' We still can't tell if that creature is under a peaceful disguise or not. Maybe it's just a reptilian bond between it and Dane, for all we can guess. In this situation, my least favorite event is getting my head blown off by an alien cannon while we focus on getting ourselves past the Russian radar"
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:54 pm

"I don't know who this Gallax-har-man is that you're talking about," Amadea said, "but our mission is to investigate, not to kill. We accept a peace call. I accept your warning to use caution, though."
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:16 pm

“What gave you that idea? You were there when I let the boogieman go, you know I'm all against killing, unless necessary.” Offended, Xiaoming raised his voice.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:19 pm

"Okay, alright, I'm sorry." Amadea responded by lowering her voice and slowing her pace of speech. "Let's just...not do something we'll regret, alright?"
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 pm

"That's a big fat negative, Dick," said Griswold over the radio. "Command was very clear that I'm not supposed to lift off unless it's to evac. I don't even have armaments on this sucker. You're on your own. If you get captured, we never heard of you. Oh, and one other thing: I just got clearance to tell you that that alien bugger that got shot down was on her way to join S.P.E.R.T.S. - she's an emissary from "

From behind, 3 silhouettes began to take shape: snowmobiles carrying Russian police. Kespa's infravision helped her see that
Spoiler:
Wang peered into the swirling snow and dimly made out several small objects, but they were indistinct. He silently cursed his genetics - but not in a racist way.

--

This begins our second battle, which will be carried out without the use of a tactical grid. The snowmobiles are 400 yards away and closing fast. To your right, 10 yards away, the snowstorm is thicker, reducing visibility while inside it to 10 yards and giving anyone firing into it -4 to hit. This snow cloud runs up and down all the way to the snowmobiles.

Kespa is 20 yards behind the main party. Her infravision halves the penalties of the snow cloud (20 yard visibility, -2 to hit).

Post your turns in any order you like. In your first post, include your Basic Move, which is used to decide the order in which the round is resolved (going highest to lowest).

Note: Snowmobiles 400 yards away gives -13 to hit. This could be offset by aiming meneuvers, etc. See Basic Set 550 for more information.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Amadea insubstantiated so she could move closer to the alien without harm or notice.

Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:24 pm

"This is not the time or the place for silly arguments," Dane said, trying to make his voice as commanding as possible. "There are Russians coming, and unless we find superior ground we will be gunned down like dogs in this cursed snow."

Normally he might have gotten angry, but the cold weather was dulling his senses, and he wasn't thinking straight in any case. The thought of the spoils of battle, namely a heated car, kept him going however.

He was cut short by the arrival of three Russian policemen. Spying a potential advantage, he motioned his party to follow and made a break for the snowstorm.

--

Move maneuver to get into the snowstorm for cover.

Basic Speed and Move: 7
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:36 pm

"Well, at least I tried." Shrugging Xiaoming turns to the big guy,"Dane, I know this will make things more difficult, but I suggest we head into the snowstorm and play cat and mouse with them. With luck, we might even avoid any harm. Amadea, think you can find out where the UFO is from our new friend? We might be able to use it as a cover, temporary base of operation, and with luck we might even get warm in there."

-------------
Move to the snowstorm as he speaks

Basic Speed: 4.5
Basic Move: 4

Note: Having the advantage Enhanced Time Sense allows Xiaoming to move before any character without that advantage, including both PC and NPC
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 1:10 am

Reminder on objectives:

Primary: Prevent the Russians from gaining access to the crashed ship or pilot. Recommended method: destruction of the debris with C4.
Secondary: Make contact with the pilot (Completed).
Secondary: Take photos of the crash site.
Back to top Go down
TheRealKitKat

TheRealKitKat

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 1:32 am

Kespa will follow the group into the snowstorm.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:33 am

Amadea quietly faded from view as the other agents ran for the cover of the nearby snow cloud. The snowmobiles kept plowing forward, rapidly closing the distance to the team. One of the drivers shouted something that only Amadea could understand:
Spoiler:

--

Amadea is still directly in the path of the snowmobiles, but she is insubstantial. The others are 3 yards away from the snow cloud.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:45 am

Amadea telesent a message to Dane: "I'll go the other way and distract them from the crash site. I heard them say to shoot first and ask questions later. Hostile."

Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Momentarily confused at being telesent too, Dane's combat reflexes kicked in as he sprinted the remaining few yards into the storm. Turning and dropping to one knee, he whipped his rifle towards the oncoming attackers.

--

Ready maneuver, moving 1/2 basic move into the storm and readying his rifle.
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Seeing Dane dropping into battle position, Xiaoming kneeled beside him as well,"Guess we'll have to fight anyhow." Suddenly, an idea popped up:"Amadea, can you ask the permission of the alien that I blow its ship up? Or alternatively if it can fly that craft? I can teleport the two of us there if it's willing to. Remember, our objective is preventing the UFO and pilot from falling into Russian hands. If we can pilot the UFO directly, I don't see it falling into Ruskies. Alternatively, I can fly there at..." After a quick mental calculation,"24 mph. Takes longer, but surer, since teleporting is really hard to control. And Dane" Xiaoming showed care and worry,"be careful."

Xiaoming Changed Posture to kneeling
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Amadea wasn't too far away to hear Xiaoming yet, and she was glad she hadn't run off. "Sure," she said.

She telecommunicated to the newcomer, "I'm going to create a distraction. We need to get your ship out of the way, can you fly it? Otherwise - I'm sorry about this, I wish we had better circumstances - it may need to be destroyed."
Back to top Go down
TheRealKitKat

TheRealKitKat

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:56 am

"My ship is not working now. But I have what I need, so you can destroy it."

Kespa crouches next to the others, on all fours.

"Ahh, that's much better."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 2: Space Race from Space   Episode 2: Space Race from Space - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode 2: Space Race from Space
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next