Legions a Dark Samurai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BSG: The Board Game - The First Night

Go down 
+3
traveurysm
ChaosSatella
TheRambizzle
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 1:18 pm

# # Plays 2 cards.
Back to top Go down
https://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 1:30 pm

The weapons malfunction reeks havoc with Galactica's systems, and for some reason red tape seems to be piling up at the worst of times, delaying and slowing the efforts at repairing them. Engineering teams do eventually get the upper hand, but not before the damage is done.

Quote :
TAC/PIL/ENG = 11
Piloting-2 (Evasive Maneuvers)
Tactics-1 (Launch Scout)
Tactics-4 (Strategic Planning)

Leadership-1 (Executive Order)
Politics-1 (Consolidate Power)
Politics-3 (Investigative Committee)
Politics-3 (Investigative Committee)

7 - 8 = -1 FAIL![/b]

Result: 2 Vipers are damaged, which the current player traveurysm chooses to be the two unmanned vipers. Raiders are launched from the basestar, and the jump prep track is NOT advanced. The situation in space is decidedly not looking good.

BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 UUfYdva

Quote :
Fleet Status

Food08/08Vipers2 Active, 4 in Reserve, 2 Damaged
Fuel08/08Raptors4 in Reserve
Morale10/10Jump Prep1/5 (Cannot Jump)
Population12/12Cylon BoardingNone

Galactica
FTL Control
Weapons Control
Command occupied by TheRambizzle (Tigh[0])
Communications
Admiral’s Quarters [SC: LEA/TAC = 7]
Research Lab
Hangar Deck occupied by Izendale (Starbuck[1] VIPER - ECHO) and ChaosSatella (Boomer[3] VIPER - ALPHA)
Armory
Sickbay
Brig [SC: POL/TAC = 7]

Colonial One
Press Room occupied by traveurysm (Baltar[4][1QC])
President’s Office
Administration occupied by Elwin Ransom (Zarek[6]) [SC: POL/LEA = 5]

Cylon Locations
Caprica
Cylon Fleet
Human Fleet
Resurrection Ship

Elwin Ransom gains 2 POL, 2 LEA, 1 TAC.

Quote :
Action Queue
Elwin Ransom execute turn

edit: fixed Elwin's hand number
Back to top Go down
Elwin Ransom

Elwin Ransom

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:27 pm

##Stays in Administration
## Nominates Tom Zarek for President

Citizens, under the watch of our current leadership, the Cylons have been able to execute a successful attack on our valuable vipers. While I'm thankful that the vipers were unmanned, there is another matter we must address.

There are only two people in the game with access to the Politics cards used to negate the skill check. Baltar just drew two more of them on his previous turn, and played more cards than any other person. In case the accusation has not yet been made clear: I believe that our President, Gaius Baltar, is in fact a Cylon.

I would ask that those of you with the ability to help, vote to depose the current President, and instead allow me to work with you all to ensure our safe journey to Kobol.

I look forward to serving you all.
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Elwin Ransom activates Administration! A election is in order!

This is a standard Skill Check though, if passed Tom Zarek will become President. If failed, Gaius Baltar will remain President. You decide by playing positive cards (POL/LEA) or negative cards (TAC/PIL/ENG).

Do not play cards yet though, I am still waiting on IC confirmation. Feel free to discuss though.
Back to top Go down
Elwin Ransom

Elwin Ransom

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:45 pm

I welcome an open dialogue, and want you all to ask or question my motives in public, as you see fit.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:46 pm

My friends, this is a tense time and we are all on edge. We do know that cylons take human form, and it is evident that one of them sabotaged our weaponry. Who was it? We don't know. I don't expect you to take me at my word when I claim innocence. I merely urge that we discuss this calmly and get to the bottom of it.

The weaponry seems to have been jammed as a result of political influence. This makes the known criminal Tom Zarek and I the most likely suspects. Either

A) I am a cylon, and Tom is heroically saving the fleet - bravo Tom.
B) Tom is a cylon, and I am our best hope of saving us from him.

What we lack at this point is evidence. The evidence we DO have actually points the finger at Tom. Consider the first skill check.

I played 2 cards.
Tom played 1.
There was 1 tactics card played to harm us.
I can't even draw tactics cards.
Tom can.

At this point, especially after Tom's aggressive attempt to depose me, I think we all ought to be suspicious of him. At the very least, I beg you, people of the colonies, not to depose me without at least a shred of compelling evidence.

I know I may not be the most popular person. Perhaps my heart is not always in the right place. But I do have a heart, giving to me by my biological mother. I don't wish to be killed by the cylons any more than you do.
Back to top Go down
Elwin Ransom

Elwin Ransom

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:43 pm

I appreciate President Baltar's call for rational discussion. He is to be commended for facilitating such a civil discourse.

I find both his logic and conclusions sound. We all know that somebody with political influence is a Cylon; either the President, or myself.

I'm confused as to why he is now accusing me of playing a Tactics card. If anything this should be a reason to cast your vote FOR me, as tactics cards counted towards a successful outcome of the skill check.

I wish that I were allowed to reveal which cards were played by myself, but alas, I am not. I would like to reiterate the two points that seem to be most relevant here: President Baltar played 2 cards, more than any other player while having just received 2 additional political influence cards, adding to his potentially pre-existing 2 political influence cards.

Statistics are not in President Baltar's favor here. I urge you all to consider the facts, and choose your President accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:48 pm

There will be no IC played this check, you are free to play your skill cards now.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:59 pm

It seems a tragic waste to exert efforts on a special election while cylon raiders bear down on us ...

# # Plays 1 card

Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:13 pm

"Hey assholes, cut the bedside talk and do something about the incoming raiders. It's like New Year's Eve on frakking Caprica here."

##plays 0 cards
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:14 pm

I never liked the cut of Baltar's jib and now I know why. It is because he is a cylon. Let use review the facts:

To start:
ChaosSatella receives 1 Loyalty Card and 2 TAC, 2 PIL, 1 ENG.
traveurysm receives 2 Loyalty Cards, 2 POL, 1 LEA, and 1 Quorum Card.
Elwin Ransom receives 1 Loyalty Card and 2 POL, 1 LEA.
TheRambizzle receives 1 Loyalty Card and 1 TAC, 2 LEA.
Izendale receives 1 Loyalty Card and 2 PIL, 1 TAC.

In the first crisis the following cards were played:

Positive
Politics-3
Politics-2
Leadership-1
Leadership-2
Leadership-1
Leadership-1
Piloting-1
Piloting-2

Negative
Tactics-2

Baltar played 2 cards, neither of which were tactics. Zarek played 1 card which couldn't have been tactics either. So both did their human duty. This doesn't absolve either. Neither of them could have hurt our cause, so the cylon just played along to look like he was making a contribution.

In the second round, Baltar claimed he was helping a lot and contributed 2 cards while Zarek played only 1. We know we must have a cylon because there were more than 2 negative cards on the second play. We also know that Baltar is the most likely to be a cylon (see cut of jib and extra loyalty cards). Therefore we either have 2 cylons on board who each contributed negative cards, or Baltar is our cylon. Given the outcome of the first round, I think it is unlikely that we have 2 cylons. For there to be 2 cylons either Boomer or Starbuck would have had to have politics or leadership as Zarek played 1 card and there were four negative cards so the additional random cards could not have made up the difference.

Boomer started with 2 TAC, 2 PIL, 1 ENG.
Starbuck started with 2 PIL, 1 TAC.

Neither of them drew leadership or politics. This means that Boomer and Starbuck could not have contributed to our demise. The only way there could be 2 cylons is if Zarek and Baltar are both cylons. I will keep my eye on Zarek, never liked terrorists, but one thing is clear. Baltar must not be elected. If I could, I would vote against him, but I am too busy drinking. Vote against the cylons. Don't vote for Zarek. Vote against Baltar Frakin Cylonpants
Back to top Go down
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:22 pm

Since this seems like a matter between Zarek and Baltar and I cannot determine who is the traitor, I abstain from voting. Let destiny decide who wins. There also seems to be a lot of cylons in this sector...

##Plays 0 cards
Back to top Go down
Elwin Ransom

Elwin Ransom

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:24 pm

I feel that all that can be said, has been said.

I will use my special power to ##Reduce difficulty by 2
##Plays 3 cards
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:34 pm

As the pilots and commanders scramble to deal with the pressing cylon raiders, Tom Zarek levied a heavy accusation against the current president. With the weight of the apparent evidence against President Baltar, the colonial fleet and its population made their will known. Pushing his new political clout to the limit, Zarek does his best to utilize this momentum to root out the cylon threat.

Quote :
POL/LEA = 5
Leadership-2 (Executive Order)
Leadership-2 (Executive Order)
Leadership-4 (Declare Emergency)
Politics-5 (Investigative Committee)

Engineering-2 (Repair)
Piloting-1 (Evasive Maneuvers)

13 - 3 = 10 PASS!

Result: Tom Zarek is elected president! The quorum deck passes to a new hand.

Quote :
CRISIS: Terrorist Investigations

Skill check: POL/LEA = 12
PASS: Current player looks at 1 random Loyalty Card belonging to any player.
6+: No Effect
FAIL: -1 Morale

Post Crisis: Activate Heavies, +1 Jump Prep

Side note: I swear I did not rig the deck but this Crisis is hilariously timed.

Quote :
Action Queue
Everyone resolve skill check
Back to top Go down
Elwin Ransom

Elwin Ransom

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:38 pm

This is a valuable opportunity, and it shall not be wasted.

##Plays 1 card
Back to top Go down
ChaosSatella

ChaosSatella

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:47 pm

As I am not well-versed in leadership or politics, I cannot help with this investigation.

##plays 0 cards
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:52 pm

"Once again, count me out of your political funny business, there's only one thing on my mind, no make that 7, and I have a bad feeling that number is still increasing. Starbuck out." And she turns her comm off entirely.

##plays 0 card

OOC: black belt duty calls, will not be available for the next 5~7 hours. Will play 0 cards on skill checks til my turn comes.
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 6:09 pm

I can't quite crawl out of this bottle in time to help

##plays 0 cards
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:21 pm

I accept the will of the colonies. I pray that the lords of Kobol will watch over my successor. I hope that the unpleasant feelings tied to the election will pass so we can focus on the incoming cylon raiders.

In truth, this may be a positive thing. This change will give me more time to focus on my cylon detector - so we can know for certain what dangers we face.

I can help to a small degree in this challenge.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:23 pm

# # Plays 1 card.
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:30 pm

It seems this time Zarek has reached too far. Recent attempts at rooting out the remaining cylon threats resulted in the spawning of numerous witch hunts throughout the fleet, damaging morale.

Quote :
POL/LEA = 12

Engineering-3 (Scientific Research)
Tactics-1 (Launch Scout)

2 - 4 = -2 FAIL!

Result: The fleet loses 1 morale! Heavy raiders activate and the fleet gains one jump prep!

Please be aware, if heavy raiders activate again, they will deploy their centurions to board Galactica. If the centurions remain unchecked (see the Armory location), the humans will lose the game.

BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 NoUGahp

Quote :
Fleet Status

Food08/08Vipers2 Active, 4 in Reserve, 2 Damaged
Fuel08/08Raptors4 in Reserve
Morale09/10Jump Prep2/5 (Cannot Jump)
Population12/12Cylon BoardingNone

Galactica
FTL Control
Weapons Control
Command occupied by TheRambizzle (Tigh[5])
Communications
Admiral’s Quarters [SC: LEA/TAC = 7]
Research Lab
Hangar Deck occupied by Izendale (Starbuck[1] VIPER - ECHO) and ChaosSatella (Boomer[3] VIPER - ALPHA)
Armory
Sickbay
Brig [SC: POL/TAC = 7]

Colonial One
Press Room occupied by traveurysm (Baltar[4][1QC])
President’s Office
Administration occupied by Elwin Ransom (Zarek[6]) [SC: POL/LEA = 5]

Cylon Locations
Caprica
Cylon Fleet
Human Fleet
Resurrection Ship

TheRambizzle draws 2 LEA, 3 TAC.

Quote :
Action Queue
TheRambizzle
execute turn
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:40 pm

##Go to Admirals Quarters
##Activate Admirals Quarters and accuse Gias Baltar
##Use Cylon Hatred to reduce the difficulty by 3

Now that we know Baltar is a cylon (see my previous post with details) and I have crawled out of the bottle, we should stick him in the brig where he belongs.

Let me know if I did this right, still figuring everything out (EDIT to make stuff bold)
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:49 pm

It was bound to happen, with the Presidency passing to new hands, the military begins to take matters into its own hands. Will the colonists agree that Baltar is guilty? Or will they find the evidence against him lacking?

TheRambizzle has initiated a skill check! If successful, Gaius Baltar will be placed in the Brig.

Quote :
Skill Check: LEA/TAC = 7
Pass: Gaius Baltar is moved to the Brig.
Fail: No effect

Note that the check difficulty has been reduced by 3 due to Saul Tigh's ability.

Quote :
Action Queue
Everyone
resolve skill check
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:58 pm

This is an outrage. Fine. Throw me in the brig. Perhaps the only way you can people can learn is when cylon activity continues without me.
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 12:08 am

You are free to play skill cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BSG: The Board Game - The First Night   BSG: The Board Game - The First Night - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BSG: The Board Game - The First Night
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next