Legions a Dark Samurai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

[NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars Empty
PostSubject: [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars   [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 1:20 pm

[NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars In_the10

GENERAL NOTES

This is not a campaign, it’s a one-off. The entire story will happen in one sitting and then we’ll walk away, burn our character sheets, and be done with it. If things go well, we may get into the habit of doing one-offs. I don’t intend to start doing a big campaign. I want to be flexible on schedules and players.

This system is our return to GURPS. Since it’s been awhile since we’ve used it – and it’s possible some of our players don’t know it at all – this first session will emphasize being simple and accessible. Future sessions will explore more exotic settings and more high-powered characters.
This session will be played over Skype in one sitting – NOT play-by-post. Date TBD depending on player schedules.

The whole adventure should play out in a few hours.

If you played my last GURPS campaign: take the complexity of that game and divide it by 5. This isn't about checking ranges, measuring cover DR, and increasing your accuracy with a new weapon attachment. We're gonna keep this really simple.

WHAT YOU NEED

The GURPS basic set. We won’t be using any supplementary material (at least not for the first session). If you don’t have the basic set, you can order it from Amazon or contact me and I’ll … uhhh … see what I can do, wink wink.

Then you just need Skype and a microphone.

Still haven’t decided if we’ll be using a map. I want to keep things really simple so I’ll try to make everything, including combat, verbal.

SETTING/PREMISE

This is a mostly-fantastic world inspired by a real culture.

The year is  1650, and you are all Lakota Sioux. You have gathered to invoke the blessing of the Great Spirit before launching in the biggest bison hunt of the year. On the first day of the ceremony, as you sit in your teepee dreaming, you all see a flash of light and are transported onto an alien ship.

The adventure begins on the ship. You must work together to return to your tribe alive.

Shamanism is real and you can use spells/communicate with the spirit world. Keep it themed with Native American animistic beliefs.

You can create a mundane character like a hunter or herbal healer. However, even at your most mundane, you should have some animal guide that you connect to, who guides you and appears to you in dreams and in times of great need. If you wanna go deep with your animal guide, go here. Consider bison, deer, eagle, bear, etc.

As with all my adventures, you shouldn’t feel like you need a character to fit a specific skill set. You can be useful with any skill set, from a battle-hardened warrior to a smooth-talking tribal elder to a drugged-out-of-his-mind spiritual leader.

Recommended listening while creating your character.

Remember that this is a one-off. Don't give your character the kind of intense personal motivations (I must find my brother's killer!) that long campaigns call for.

NITTY GRITTY

Tech Level: 4

Character Points: 100

Advantages/Das allowed: Mundane, supernatural. Exotic is not allowed.

Post your interest in this one-off and, eventually, your characters on this thread. They are not considered final until play starts.
As always, contact me for help and for questions.

Last edited by traveurysm on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://dksm.canadian-forum.com
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars   [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Sounds fun. I like the idea of doing one offs as opposed to campaigns.
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars   [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Interested. Though I need extra time getting used to the setting.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars   [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 10:00 pm

I'm hoping we can do the adventure this Saturday - looks like we should have at least 5 players np. But everyone please still post your interest. And think about a time we can talk to go over your character.
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars   [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 11:11 pm

Can't do this weekend, will be away with no computer access.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars   [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars EmptySat Sep 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Looks like we have a critical mass of players David, hopefully we can catch you for the next adventure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars   [NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars Empty

Back to top Go down

[NITS] One-off GURPS Adventure: A Night in the Stars
Page 1 of 1