Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:16 pm

A MAP

All
Spoiler:
 

In the time it took the party to realize what was happening. Three other patrons stood up with the same wild look in their eyes.

Legend:

The dark red spots on the map are those who drank the wizards ale. They are currently either not moving on the ground or moaning. You may move next to them, attack them, do whatever really just not end your turn in their square.

The light greenish numbered tokens are the people who drank the ale who have stood back up and share Rolor's wild view on life.

All other tokens are marked with the first name of the character, with the exception of Baub who I forgot. Sry:
Blue: Konrad
Cyan: Guard
Pink: Alice
Gold: Baub
Green: Ivan
Red: Orlin
Yellow: Skir
White: The barrel.

Send me any questions you have about the map. I assure you this is the worst looking map you will have to endure.

OOC: Please be sure to post your character's move speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes


Posts : 395
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Colonial One

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:54 pm

"Behind me, my lady!" Orlin shouted, whipping out his broadsword again. "The ale has turned them into monsters!" Orlin ran forward and swung at the nearest threat.

--

Move and Attack (Drunkard 4). SWx4, 15/8 Broadsword, 7 cut damage.

OOC: I can already see that Orlin is terribly optimized. 12 skill in Broadsword is not enough - especially with the -4 penalty for moving. : s

--


Dodge 8 Block 10 Parry 9
ST 10 HP 10
DX 13 Will 13
IQ 13 Per 13
HT 10 FP 10
Speed 5.75
Move 5
Status 2 Wealth Comfortable
$1486


Last edited by traveurysm on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dksm.canadian-forum.com
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:05 pm

OOC: This is the first time you guys are gurpsing. Go ahead and edit your characters between encounters as you see fit. Keep them in the same personality, but move points around so you get a good feel for how to balance them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes


Posts : 395
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Colonial One

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:17 pm

OOC: Let us say thanks to the benevolent GM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter


Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:26 am

Ivan Lidvenov

Another man might have been horrified by what was transpiring, but Ivan was not a man to show emotion. Of any kind.

Drawing his bow from its sling and grabbing an arrow at the same time, Ivan prepared to assault the wizard's latest pets.

--

Ready maneuvre, drawing out both his shortbow and an arrow from its quiver.
Preferred Active Defense: uhh, dodge
Stealth-16 roll to remain hidden: 6

--


Dodge 8 Block 3 Parry 11?!
ST 9 HP 9
DX 13 Will 10
IQ 10 Per 10
HT 10 FP 10
Speed 5.75
Move 5
Status 0 Wealth OVER NINE THOUSANNDDDD
$860


OOC Note: Not sure block and parry are possible while wielding a bow, but my bow skill *IS* 16 so lol


Last edited by Friction01 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRealKitKat



Posts : 48
Join date : 2012-03-13
Location : Pavlov's House

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:59 am

Alice Morgan

"Konrad must have an anecdote!" yelled Alice. She brushed past Orlin and reached for her fans.

--

Alice will try to attack the closest (brown square) dude. Step and Attack Fans (15, rolled 13) Total damage for both attacks: 7 swing damage

--
Dodge: 8 Block: 3 Parry: 10

Axe/Mace DX/A - DX+5 15 [20]
Body Language Per/A - Per+0 15 [2]
Streetwise IQ/A - IQ-1 14 [1]
Detect Lies Per/H - Per+0 15 [4]
Feint (Axe/Mace) Tech/H - def+0 15 [0]

Damage 1d-1/1d+2

Basic Speed 5
Basic Move 5

Ambidexterity
Extra Attack (1)

Boots (w/heels +2 DR)
Cloth Gloves (+1 DR)



--

OOC: Anything I need to change or did I magically do this right on the first attempt? :p


Last edited by TheRealKitKat on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:49 am

OOC: Good work on your first GURPS round guys. Alice could you post your Dodge/Block/Parry stats? Otherwise perfect post.

Ivan you can parry with your bow. It's strong. I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izendale



Posts : 191
Join date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Baub

'This is the best drink I've ever had. No way I'm giving up such wonderful stuff' Baub struggles to shove the guy in his way to get to the barrel, trying to have more

--------------

Move and Attack (drunkard 4), Unarmed Shove,6, roll gets 11


Ground Move 6
Dodge/Block/Parry: 9/3/3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:01 am

THE MAP!

Konrad laughs at the inn and disappears in a flash of white light. Baub mutter something about that wonderful drink and runs toward one of the crazed drinkers attempting to shove him. Right as he was about to hit, another shot of pain stabbed through his stomach the charge fell short. Ivan stealthily drew his shortbow and an arrow eying the carnage. Orlin made a gallant charge which looked glorious, and missed his target by about a yard. Rolor leaped off the lifeless form of the first guard, turned, and sunk his teeth into the second guard, who fell to the ground with a cry. Drunkard 2 moved to pick up the old guard's sword. Drunkard 4 sung a clawed hand savagely at Orlin. Orlin tried to duck beneath the blow, but failed. Drunkard 3 moves in behind Baub moaning softly.

Alice stepped forward toward one of the downed drinkers attacking his defenseless huddled form without remorse.

Skir retreats the far end of the room and beings to whimper softly.


Stats:

Baub takes 1 damage.
Alice completely owns the man lying on the ground.
Drunkard 4: Punches Orlin for 2 damage...IN THE FACE!

OOC:

1. Remember that when using a weapon that is currently sheathed, taking it out is a ready maneuver. I am letting Orlin and Alice skip ready maneuvers because they RPed readying weapons earlier, but keep that in mind for future encounters.

2. When you move at any time, do what Trav did. Indicate the direction you intend to move your character. North (N), South (S), Northwest (NW), Southwest (SW), Northeast (NE), or Southeast (SE) so I know which hex you want to end up in. This turn you will have to abide by what I chose for you.

3. Block is not available unless you have a shield or something you can use to shield yourself. Parry can only be used once per round, and you can parry unarmed.

Sorry the turn took a while to post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter


Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Ivan Lidvenov

"Well, that was a surprise," Ivan muttered as Konrad disappeared. The man was clearly immune to whatever poison lurked in the barrel. That would have to wait. Ivan decided this might call for a bit more finesse.

--

Ready attempting to use fast draw to be ready to fire next turn. Fast-draw skill is 16, roll is 13.

--


Dodge 8 Block 3 Parry 11?!
ST 9 HP 9
DX 13 Will 10
IQ 10 Per 10
HT 10 FP 10
Speed 5.75
Move 5
Status 0 Wealth OVER NINE THOUSANNDDDD
$860


Last edited by Friction01 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes


Posts : 395
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Colonial One

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Orlin cringed as the heavy broadsword swung crazily around in his hand, narrowly missing a nearby table. In his shame he almost didn't notice when the drunkard socked him in the nose. He just hoped the pretty girl hadn't seen his clumsiness. Now was the time to show off his prowess in battle. He gripped his sword more firmly and spun around for a dramatic attack, temporarily exposing his back as he turned.

--

All-out Attack - Determined (Drunkard 4). Broadsword 12+4=16, rolled 11. 7 cut damage.

OOC: Apparently cut damage is increased by 50%! My damage is sw+1. My swing (d6) was 4, +1 is 5, +50% rounded down is 7. Did I do that right? Also just for reference: determined all-out attack gives me +4 to hit but doesn't allow me to use active defenses.

--


Dodge 8 Block 10 Parry 9
ST 10 HP 8
DX 13 Will 13
IQ 13 Per 13
HT 10 FP 10
Speed 5.75
Move 5
Status 2 Wealth Comfortable
$1486
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dksm.canadian-forum.com
TheRealKitKat



Posts : 48
Join date : 2012-03-13
Location : Pavlov's House

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Alice Morgan

Alice was disgusted with Skir's cowardice and Konrad's disappearance. It probably wouldn't be hard to find the wizard's tower, but getting an antidote would be another story. Or we could just kill them all...

"We can't let them leave the tavern!"

--

Alice moves SW>NW>SW and starts All-out Defense: Parry (12).

--
Dodge: 8 Block: 3 Parry: 10

ST 12 DX 10
IQ 15 HT 10

Axe/Mace DX/A - DX+5 15 [20]
Body Language Per/A - Per+0 15 [2]
Streetwise IQ/A - IQ-1 14 [1]
Detect Lies Per/H - Per+0 15 [4]
Feint (Axe/Mace) Tech/H - def+0 15 [0]

Damage 1d-1/1d+2

Basic Speed 5
Basic Move 5

Ambidexterity
Extra Attack (1)

Boots (w/heels +2 DR)
Cloth Gloves (+1 DR)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izendale



Posts : 191
Join date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Baub

"No, Rolor, no one but me can drink that! I wanted that ale! If I can't have it, then no one will"


-------

Concentrate for one turn and at the end, cast Ignite Fire, spending 2 FP for the fire to be as though a torch has been held to ignite the remaining ale. Spell lvl 8, roll gets 12



OOC: Apparently I only lose one FP if I fail casting, and spell doesn't work


Ground Move 6
Dodge/Block/Parry: 9/3/3
FP:16
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 am



Baub yelled at Rolor and began concentrating to cast a spell. A single spark shot from one of his hands and fizzled on the ground. Ivan displayed some pretty slick short bow loading skills as he readied his weapon for combat.

Orlin swung his broadsword at the drunkard before him, who barely managed to paw the weapon aside at the last moment. The weapon swung so close even some of the drunkard's clothes were clipped.

Rolor and drunkard 2 ran forward, both brandishing the weapons dropped by the guards. Baub was still distracted by his failure to ignite fire as Drunkard 3 bit his hand. Drunkard 4 tried to bite Orlin, but shied away from the flashing blade.

Alice took position near Orlin and readied herself for literally anything.


--

Baub: Takes 5 damage from drunkard 3.
Orlin your attack was successful, but the drunkard parried the blow.

--

OOC:

The dice gods love the drunkards, let me say that.

Orlin you did the damage on that right. Do you have a shield? You can only block if you have an object to block with ie shield, part of a wooden table you picked up, if you are a strong enough one of the other members of your party etc.

Baub, you are correct you only lose 1 FP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter


Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Ivan Lidvenov

Ivan took short aim at the nearest drunkard, then released an arrow.

--

All out Attack, which enables me to move but I choose not to, bow skill is 16, -2 for range modifier, +1 for AoA, for a final target of 15 if I did the math correctly and no GM-secrets interfere, targeting Drunkard 1, roll is 12, damage is 5 (1d-1) piercing damage.

--


Dodge 8 Block 3 Parry 11
ST 9 HP 9
DX 13 Will 10
IQ 10 Per 10
HT 10 FP 10
Speed 5.75
Move 5
Status 0 Wealth ???
$860
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRealKitKat



Posts : 48
Join date : 2012-03-13
Location : Pavlov's House

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Alice Morgan

Let's take these guys down. Alice smiled and looked super stylish in her fancy, high-heeled boots as she attacked.

--

Alice steps Sx1 and makes two attacks with her fans against No. 2. (15, rolled 9). Damage if they hit: 7 per hit, 14 total.

--

Dodge: 8 Block: 3 Parry: 10

Axe/Mace DX/A - DX+5 15 [20]
Body Language Per/A - Per+0 15 [2]
Streetwise IQ/A - IQ-1 14 [1]
Detect Lies Per/H - Per+0 15 [4]
Feint (Axe/Mace) Tech/H - def+0 15 [0]

Damage 1d-1/1d+2

Basic Speed 5
Basic Move 5

Ambidexterity
Extra Attack (1)

Boots (w/heels +2 DR)
Cloth Gloves (+1 DR)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes


Posts : 395
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Colonial One

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Sir Orlin Barson

Another failure! This was getting truly embarrassing. The lady would think him a weakling! Orlin faked left and swung right.

--

All-out Attack - Feint (Drunkard 4).

Feint: Broadsword 12, rolled 11.
Attack: Broadsword 12*, rolled 8. 3 cut damage.

* plus the difference between Drunkard 4's feint check and mine.

OOC: I'd love to know what the difference was, for reference. Also: Orlin is carrying a Large Shield on his left arm.

--


Dodge 8 Block 10 Parry 9
ST 10 HP 8
DX 13 Will 13
IQ 13 Per 13
HT 10 FP 10
Speed 5.75
Move 5
Status 2 Wealth Comfortable
$1486
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Izendale



Posts : 191
Join date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:22 am

Baub

"Work!! I didn't spend 3 months' sales on a book to learn how to get sparkly, I can just find a vampire and get bitten if I want that!"

---------------------

Once more, Concentrate for one turn and at the end, cast Ignite Fire, spending 2 FP for the fire to be as though a torch has been held to ignite the remaining ale. Spell lvl 8, roll gets 10


Ground Move 6
Dodge/Block/Parry: 9/3/3
FP:15
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:44 pm



Baub concentrated even harder than before, and managed to shoot two sparks out of his hands. Ivan fired his arrow. It flew fast and true, smacking Rolor in the back square in the back. Orlin faked high and attacked low, completely fooling his enemy and giving him a nasty cut across his chest. Rolor stumbled from the arrow but kept moving forward.

Drunkard 2 moved up and tried to bit Orlin, but everything turned out fine. Drunkard 3 managed to bit Baub's hand after his frustrating failure. Drunkard 4 managed to bite Orlin's shield arm. Alice stepped forward murdering Drunkard 2 in a flurry of fans.


--

Ivan dealt Drunkard 1 5 damage
Orlin dealt Drunkard 4 3 damage
Drunkard 2 dealt Baub 2 damage
Drunkard 4 dealt Orlin 3 damage
Alice dealt Drunkard 2 14 damage

--

OOC: Travis, Drunkard rolled 12 on his check, which was a failure for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes


Posts : 395
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Colonial One

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Sir Orlin Barson

Orlin was starting to feel a little dizzy as he yanked his shield arm free from the chomping teeth of the drunkard. Surely this dizziness was just his courage taking hold. He and his foe had traded wounds, but now the thrill of success was upon him.

Orlin saw the lady slaughtering the drunkard to his right and hesitated for a moment. This was all wrong! He was supposed to be the manly man, protecting her from danger! Apparently he had misjudged her. He must be more careful - ending the battle covered in blood was decidedly unsexy.

Orlin raised his sword overhead and prepared to finish the scum before him.

--

Extra Effort - Mighty Blow: Orlin uses 1 FP to gain the benefits of the attack below without compromising his defenses.

All-out Attack - Strong (Drunkard 4). Broadsword 12, rolled 6. 10 cut damage.

OOC: Are we tracking localized damage or shock? Or is that just flavor?

--

Dodge 8 / Block 10 / Parry 9
ST 10 / HP 5
DX 13 / Will 13
IQ 13 / Per 13
HT 10 / FP 9
Speed 5.75 / Move 5
Status 2 / Wealth Comfortable / $1486
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter


Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Ivan Lidvenov

Ivan's expression remained as cold as ever as his arrow collided with the former bar patron's back. Whatever foul magic this was, Ivan knew he had to report to the king if he wanted this situation resolved. A dead villager was just part of the cost, and he had a feeling these strangers might be of use. He readied another arrow.

--

Ready, using Fast Draw (16), roll is 4, critical success.

--


Dodge 8 Block 3 Parry 11
ST 9 HP 9
DX 13 Will 10
IQ 10 Per 10
HT 10 FP 10
Speed 5.75
Move 5
Status 0 Wealth ???
$860
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRealKitKat



Posts : 48
Join date : 2012-03-13
Location : Pavlov's House

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:00 am

Alice Morgan

Alice was very satisfied and her smile stayed on her face. She paused for a moment to asses the situation. Sir Orlin, although he was taking his time, was ready to finish off his opponent. Rolor had fallen from an arrow, but Alice could not see the shooter. A crazed peasant stood on the other side of the table, and Alice knew this was her target.

--

Alice moves Sx2 keeping Active Defense: Parry (10).

--

Dodge: 8 Block: 3 Parry: 10

Axe/Mace DX/A - DX+5 15 [20]
Body Language Per/A - Per+0 15 [2]
Streetwise IQ/A - IQ-1 14 [1]
Detect Lies Per/H - Per+0 15 [4]
Feint (Axe/Mace) Tech/H - def+0 15 [0]

Damage 1d-1/1d+2

Basic Speed 5
Basic Move 5

Ambidexterity
Extra Attack (1)

Boots (w/heels +2 DR)
Cloth Gloves (+1 DR)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izendale



Posts : 191
Join date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:32 am

Baub

Finally sensing danger nearby, Baub was visibly in distress, but his stubbornness got in the way of his survival instinct."Get off me! I swear I'll master this one day, but maybe three times is a charm?"

---------------------

Once more, Concentrate for one turn and at the end, cast Ignite Fire, spending 2 FP for the fire to be as though a torch has been held to ignite the remaining ale. Spell lvl 8, roll gets 8


Ground Move 6
Dodge/Block/Parry: 9/3/3
HP:13
FP:14
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:44 am

Baub concentrated even more harder than he had ever concentrated more harden than ever before, and this time it worked. A slash emitted from his hands, and the wizards ale went up in a burst of flame. Ivan readied his bow like a real pro. Orlin grunted and swung his broadsword through the enemy Drunkard, felling him to the ground. Drunkard 1 turned to Orlin after the flash from his hands. He swept his broadsword at Baub, who deftly dodged the attack. Alice readied herself for defense.
--

Orlin massacred Drunkard 4. I am going to call the encounter. Rolor (Drunkard 1) was easily vanquished.

--
For the roleplaying session you gain:
Alice: 2
Orlin: 3
Ivan: 3
Baub: 4
For the combat you gain:
ALice: 3
Orlin: 3
Ivan: 3
Baub: 3
--

OOC: Treat localized damage and shock as flavor. But when you are beneath 1/3 hp you do take an attack penalty.

Will post the new RP thread momentarily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble   

Back to top Go down
 
Encounter 1: Tavern Trouble
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Tavern Bar
» GRAND OPENING: TAVERN ON THE GREEN: Summer Garden Party JUST SAY "GIRLPR" WHEN YOU ARRIVE
» Trouble with Muggers
» [A] The Drunken Boar - Traditional Dwarven Tavern
» Chinese ID problem

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legions a Dark Samurai :: Tabletop Games :: Army of the Dead-
Jump to: