Legions a Dark Samurai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Active defenses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Active defenses Empty
PostSubject: Active defenses   Active defenses EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:50 am

Just barging in here assuming I know what Logan wants; GM of course correct me as you like.

To save our benevolent GM some work, calculate your active defenses and add them to your stat block. The GM will assume you want to use the strongest defense available; in a tie you should specify your preferred defense.

Dodge is Basic Speed + 3, dropping all fractions. You can dodge any attack that you know about.
Block is 3 + 1/2 your Shield or Cloak skill. You can probably block any non-magical attack in the Army of the Dead setting.
Parry is 3 + 1/2 your weapon skill. It will stop melee attacks and thrown weapons.

Calculate your stats and add them to the stat block, putting your preferred choice in bold if it is tied with another kind. Example:

Dodge 8 Block 10 Parry 9
ST 10 HP 10
DX 13 Will 13
IQ 13 Per 13
HT 10 FP 10
Speed 5.75
Move 5
Status 2 Wealth Comfortable
$1486

While we're on the subject, I suggest we format skill checks as follows: Check/Skill. For instance, if I have 12 skill in Hodgepodgery and I want to make a Hodgepodgery check, but a divine blessing has given me +2 to the skill for five minutes, and I roll a 7, I show it like this:

7/14 Hodgepodgery.

Thoughts on that? Do we need to make the modifiers we invoked more evident, like 7/12+2 Hodgepodgery?
Back to top Go down
https://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

Active defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Active defenses   Active defenses EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:02 am

How about we use the language GURPS uses, ie Hodpodgery-12+2, roll is 7. It saves me from having to remember which number is the roll and which one is the skill.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Active defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Active defenses   Active defenses EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:01 am

Okay ... but I don't like the dash in that format; it's too easy to read like a negative symbol. How about Hodgepodgery 12+2, roll is 7?

Or: Hodgepodgery 12+2=14, roll is 7.
Back to top Go down
https://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

Active defenses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Active defenses   Active defenses Empty

Back to top Go down

Active defenses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legions a Dark Samurai :: Tabletop Games :: Army of the Dead-
Jump to: