Legions a Dark Samurai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Izendale

Izendale

Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:53 pm

His stern face turning soft, Xiaoming told the kid,"Remember when mom tells you that if you misbehave, the boogieman will get you? That's what happens when you don't listen. We don't hurt people because they're mean to us, that's what differs us from the monsters. Speaking of which", he turned to regard the boogieman, "What do you get from all this? Once again, I won't hurt you unless I have to."
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:30 pm

"I won't hurt anyone again," the Boogieman hissed. "Let me go, and I swear you'll never have to deal with me again. I'll owe you a favor!"

--

Detect Lies 14, roll is 9. He appears genuinely terrified of S.P.E.R.T.S. and ready to make a change.
Back to top Go down
https://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:21 pm

"I hope not, for your sake," Dane growled. "Next time we'll with fire, I'm sure you'll enjoy that."
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 10:30 pm

All three members heard over their radios: "Blue team, this is Griswold. Report. You ready for pickup yet, or does the second coat on your fingernails need more time to dry?"
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:22 pm

"Hold on just a little longer, I'm sure you can understand the importance of our fingernails. In all seriousness though, we have the boogieman, and personally I suggest we let it walk, I for one would prefer a reliable contact on the other side."
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:39 pm

"All right, your call ... I'll take the heat for it with the big boys, but if this ends up being a mistake I'm gonna put scorpions in your bed. And I ain't bluffing! So am I bringing the bird in?"
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:16 am

"Yes, sir," Dane replied, activating his homing beacon and moving out of the room towards the courtyard. He'd had enough with this for today, children were not his inclination.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:42 am

Amadea took a last look at the kids. "Michael, I expect you to apologize to the people you hurt. I hope you learned that even if you don't like someone, it's not a good idea to target them. You'll get in trouble yourself. Then go tell your mom you're alright. And you two," she turned to the others, "do you have a way to get home?"
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:57 am

Michael nodded solemnly. "I'll be good lady, I promise."

The team moved back outside, where Griswold's bird uncloaked just long enough for everyone climb aboard. Six hours later, they were back in the underground S.P.E.R.T.S. base, which felt more like a spa resort with a firing range than anything else. The threat was dealt with, and the team had a little while to rest until the world needed them again.

--

1. S.P.E.R.T.S. pay is based on the brass' satisfaction with your performance. Because you did not execute the primary objective as written, your payment is reduced - but Griswold fought for you and you're still getting well compensated. You each receive $900.

2. Your field experience has improved your skills. You gain 4 Character Points to spend or save as you see fit.

3. Each team member receives a free upgrade to a skill they used, representing their practice with that skill. If you do not have that skill yet, set it to 1 point above the attribute it is based on. If you already have that skill, raise it up 1 point.

Amadea: Diplomacy (IQ) page 187
Dane: Brawling (DX) page 182
Wang: Detect Lies (Per) page 187

4. You may also gain an additional free point in an easy or average skill of your choice, representing training during your downtime at the facility.

5. Finally, you can do some shopping. You can buy anything at your tech level, and make requests if you can't find something you want. I suggest checking out the Basic Set, High-Tech, and Monster Hunters for ideas. S.P.E.R.T.S. offers its agents a few special items at half off after every mission. You can choose to buy those items or not, but definitely check them out - they're in the S.P.E.R.T.S. Special Discount threat I'll create after this post.

Reply to this message reviewing how you spend your CP, free skill point, and anything you want to buy, as well as any questions. Your next mission will begin when everyone is ready.

--

If you like, give me feedback so I can make the missions more fun for you. I can promise a lot more action in Mission 2. Tell me what you liked best and least, make requests about stuff you want to do, etc.
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Compulsive Spending is at 12, roll gets 14, so Xiaoming must buy something

Spending the 4 cp and the 1 cp refunded from infinite ammunition on buying off 1 level of Shyness
Raise Detect Lies to 15
Learn Fast- Talk as free skill

------------
"Dane, I'll need to go and get the new iphone, come with me, I think you'll need one as well, it gets really handy surprisingly."

Current Wealth: $97271

Last edited by Izendale on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:52 pm

"Why would anyone want to put a phone in their eye?" Dane asked quizically. He was picturing the various electronic devices people liked to talk into, devices for which he could fathom no use.

--

Dane is reluctant to go shopping, but will go if pressured. If Wang does not pressure him, he will instead travel to the firing range to practice grenade tossing.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:57 pm

David, a roll of 14 on a Compulsive Spending roll of 12 is a failure. You'd have to roll 12 or under to succeed.

When the iPhone 5 has coverage, it gives an internet connection, +2 to Navigation (which does not stack with other GPS devices) and works like a cell phone. It has a large variety of apps, including some with highly specific military applications, like a firing solution calculator. Complexity 2. Stores 32 GB. $499

This campaign does not track batteries.

Last edited by traveurysm on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:11 pm

"Well, if you say so." Xiaoming prefers not to be pushy.
-----------------
Xiaoming buys a new Iphone.

Current Wealth:$96772
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Sighing with relief, Dane retreated to the firing ranges to seek training in grenades. Suddenly remembering, he switched off his HIDE with a look of extreme displeasure aimed at the small device.

--

Gained Brawling at DEX+1. (free)
Gained Throwing at DEX. (free point, then 1 CP)
Gained Disguise (human) at DEX. (2 CP)
Added +1 to Knives skill. (1 CP)

Purchased 2 Concussion Grenades for $80.
Restocked ammunition. (free)
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:09 pm

Amadea wanted to practice her acting so she wouldn't have to use her telecommunication unnecessarily, so took a few lessons. She also practiced Karate so she would succeed next time she tried to kick someone (or something). Since traveling back through the portal from the Hitchhiker's Guide Alternate Universe, her babelfish was damaged, so she spent $500 to repair it.

--------------------------------
Note for the illiterate: a babelfish is a small fish from outer space which, if you place it in your ear, will translate every language in existence to the wearer. It's a necessity for intergalactic hitchhikers.
--------------------------------

Gained Diplomacy 10 (1 free skill point)
Gained Acting 10 (1 free skill point)
Gained Karate 10 (4 CP)

Purchased Babelfish Healing for $500.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman   Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode 1: We Don't Fear the Boogieman
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5