Legions a Dark Samurai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales from Cheliax

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 9:58 pm

Naya stood in her usual spot, outside the Purific Sigil in Westcrown's Rego Sacero, the southernmost district of the canaled city.. It was not the best inn in the city, even (or perhaps especially) for those whose business was better conducted outside the public eye. But it also wasn't the worst, and the lesser notoriety of the Inn meant that the usual organized gangs and syndicates didn't keep their usual guard details around. That, of course, meant less competition, and an easier time peddling her rather usual wears to those seeking what she offered.

That, of course, was information. Growing up on the streets had taught her that men of power would pay a pretty penny for knowledge of all those little details they couldn't be bothered to find out themselves. Hanging around the Inn enabled Naya both to find potential buyers and occasionally pick up new gossip from around the sector.

She adjusted her tricorn a bit as a few new faces passed her on their way into the inn. Between the dark hat and the rather bulky clothing she wore, Naya could hide her more prominent Tiefling traits from passerbys, provided they didn't look to closely. Most of her clients figured it out pretty quickly, but most of them didn't really care as long as she had what they needed.

Hopefully, it wouldn't be too much time spent waiting around before a good prospect would show itself.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:05 pm

Naya wasn't waiting long before a half-orc draped in a badly-distressed gray fox hood sidled up and leaned against the wall next to her. She angled her shoulder carefully so the longbow on her back didn't touch the wall.

"You're not dragonborn," she said with the accent of someone who had grown up around Hellknights. "The man I talked to said you were a dragon - but you're much better than that. I'm Rizi." The word lisped in her fangs. An odd word for an orc to have to pronounce, much less carry as a name. "I'm looking for information on a human who's supposed to be a regular at this inn. Mostly comes at night. Wears a black pointed hat and carries a ring of keys around his neck. Can we help each other?"
Back to top Go down
https://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:13 pm

"We could, if the price is right," Naya said, voice low.

She wasn't lying, this time. The description was vague, they usually were, but it rang enough bells in her memory.

Naya tried to assess her new client, secretly of course. A half-orc, and probably a hunter of some sort judging by the bow and wolf cloak. Why she had come to the city looking for someone specific was another question entirely, but not one the tiefling rogue usually concerned herself with.

---------------------
Knowledge (local) check to see if Naya knows anything, d20 + 6 = 26 (lol)

Stealth roll to avoid being detected while investigating Rizi, d20 + 9 = 15
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:17 pm

"A copper piece if you tell me where he is. But if you're feeling adventurous, five silver pieces if you help me with him. I need him to lift a curse and happen to know that he is terrified of your kind. He should prove most cooperative up close with those horns."
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:23 pm

"Indeed," she suppressed a smile. Humans were predictable. "Very well, let us find you wayward wizard. I am Naya, and your man has a house on Gruthal street, near the great Cathedral of Asmodeus. Shall I show you the way?"
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:26 pm

Rizi motioned. "Lead on, infernal friend. If his night hours are any indication, he should be asleep now."
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 10:35 pm

Naya led her client through the streets of Rego Sacera, or Westcrown's "Priest District." As they approached the Qatada Nessudidia, the city's greatest temple to Asmodeus, she turned down one of the streets to a small, unassuming house. In a district so full of grand houses designed to keep noble families feeling superior, the existence of such a small estate was almost an oddity in and of itself.

"This is the place," Naya said, glancing around for patrolling dottari.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:15 pm

"We should move fast," said Rizi. "Keep an eye out." She pulled a dagger from her belt and, with a practiced motion, quickly pried the gate lock open.

"Inside," she whispered. The pair ducked into the small garden, where a man in simple black robes was sitting on a bench, eyes closed, deep in prayer. His eyes opened. When he saw Naya, he scrambled back off the bench and fell to the ground, groping at something in his robes.
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:19 pm

Hissing under her breath, Naya reached for her shortsword. This isn't exactly how I envisioned this. "I suggest you don't try anything you'll regret," she said to the man.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:27 pm

The man hesitated and slowly withdrew his empty hand. "Don't hurt me," he said, his voice trembling. Rizi rushed forward and yanked away the wand he'd been reaching for.

"The curse on the durotas' son," she snarled. "Lift it or my friend here will destroy you."

The man looked confused. "Please," he said. "I didn't curse him. Only threatened to - Saria has been robbing me!"

"A likely story," said Rizi. She stood back. "You'll wish you'd cooperated."

Last edited by traveurysm on Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:32 pm

A magistrate, thought Naya. This was almost certainly a trap, most likely for the half-orc. They had to end this, fast, or the police (likely already on their way) would make short work of them.

"Either you lift his curse," she droned in as "evil" of a tone as she could muster, "or you will roast in hellfire."

----------------------

Roll for intimidate, d20 + 2 = 11 (we're boned)
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:34 pm

The man's mouth moved, but he made no sound; petrified in fear. Rizi put a dagger to his throat. "Last chance," she said. "It's the curse or your head. Either way I get paid."

The man shook his head again, and Rizi cut it off in several practiced motions. "Fool," she snarled as she dumped it into a bag at her belt. "Come on. Let's get our reward."

#chaoticneutral
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:53 pm

"Well then," Naya muttered. As they turned to leave though, she knew it was too good to be true.

"Drop your weapons," shouted the waiting dottari guard. He was flanked by several more guardsmen, all of them blocking the gate they had just come through.

"Time to go," said Naya, sprinting in the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:06 am

Rizi followed close on her heels. "Don't worry," she called as they squeezed through some bushes toward the gate on the opposite side. "Worst case, we're on the durotas' business."

From behind, a sharp order: "Stop!" They turned to see two dotarri with light crossbows levelled. Behind them came Saria Roccin, an officer with magnificent black hair down to her waist and carrying a massive greatsword. Over her left shoulder was a red cape with the symbol of the dotarri stenciled in black.

"Durotas," said Rizi, extending the bag with the head. "I've done as you asked."

Saria smirked. "You think I hired a piggart to do city business?"

"The man cursed your son."

"Perhaps he did, and perhaps he didn't." She turned to the crossbowmen. "Search the house for others." The moment the crossbowmen left, she stepped closer to Rizi. "I'm giving you and your goat friend one minute to leave this crime scene, and then we're going to pretend this never happened."

"You promised me a gold piece!"

"You're lucky I'm not killing you where you stand."

Rizi's hand tightened on her dagger. Saria raised an eyebrow. Not concerned, just curious if Rizi would strike.
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:09 am

The city dweller had to work hard to stifle a laugh. Clearly this half-orc was not from Westcrown if she expected a different outcome from this. Part of her just wanted to run and leave this fool behind, but something kept her right there.

"Take my advice, leave while you still can. You can stew over it later." She gestured to a spot on the wall where the vines offered a quick and easy way up and over.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:12 am

Rizi snarled angrily. "I won't forget this," she warned Saria.

"See that you don't," Saria said. She watched, bemused, as the two bounty hunters scrambled over the wall onto the street.

"I'd settle my debt with you," said Rizi, "But my money has been invested. You heard that human scum. I was going to give you half of my earnings. When I take ten-fold revenge on the durotas - and I will - I promise you'll get paid."
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:20 am

"You're really not from around here are you?" Naya asked the bounty hunter. "I make a living off of information, and I can give you this advice, outlander. A promise in Westcrown is worth less than a rat's fart in the wind. You might have some sense of honor, but people around here do not. If you want to make sure you get what you're owed, make sure the other person stands to lose even more by not paying you."

She laughed after that. "In my case, I have a feeling I'd lose in a fair fight with you. If you feel like honoring your end of the bargain some day, so be it, but I won't be too disappointed if it never turns up."
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:23 am

Rizi looked offended. "You're right," she said. "I'm not from here. I'm from a place where you don't eat unless you deliver, and when you deliver, you're paid - no matter what. This was a lesson. But I will honor my bargain. Some day." She turned and pulled the fur hood tighter on her shoulders. "I'll see you again soon, tiefling."
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 12:25 am

"Sounds like a marvelous place. I do hope we meet again, you know where to find me if ever you need more information about the crowning jewel of Cheliax that is Westcrown."

It was looking like today would be another hungry evening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tales from Cheliax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales from Cheliax   Tales from Cheliax Empty

Back to top Go down

Tales from Cheliax
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legions a Dark Samurai :: Tabletop Games :: Other Tabletop Stuff-
Jump to: