Legions a Dark Samurai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Encounter - The Mysterious Temple

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Izendale

Izendale

Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:29 pm

Kurogane

"That's the spirit. Let's see if you can take one more hit"

Standard:Dancing Cobra, crits vs Warrior 2, deals 13 damage

Move:Move N,N

Extra: Next attack hitting Nevi provokes kurogane's Encounter Power: Guardian's Counter, Kurogane switches position with Nevi, taking the hit, and does a basic attack, 7 vs AC, 6 damage

Defenses: 13/13/15/15
HP: 9
Surges: 7
Daily: 1
Action Point: 0
Passive Insight: 13
Passive Perception: 18
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Turn 4

Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 RzzuRl

RP
Tasting victory, the party lashed out with another series of attacks. Kurogane displayed a rare feat of cognizance and martial prowess, landing a critical flurry of blows in the remaining warrior, who staggered under the barrage. Nevi and Kuros both missed their intended targets, while Nevi slowly edged towards the door with a frantic look on his face. Aileia, angry at the apparent wanton destruction being perpetrated by the berserker, lashed out against him.

Desperation clearly evident in their eyes, the remaining enemies returned the attack with less than equal fervor. The warrior shifted around to try and cut off Nevi's escape, narrowly missing the deranged psion. The berserker attempted to intervene as well, missing Aileia in the process. The archers shot went into a completely alternate dimension.

Technical
Kurogane - Took 5 damage from an AoO, dealt 13 damage to the warrior
Nevi - Miss
Kuros - Miss
Aileia - dealt 12 damage to the berserker (target changed because Aggravating Force is a melee range attack)

Warrior - Missed Nevi
Berserker - Missed Aileia
Archer - Killed Kenny albino
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Kurogane

Sensing himself being on the brink of another moment of dying (which he would very much like to forget), Kurogane takes the moment to catch his breath

Standard:Second Wind, spends a healing surge, healing self for 6

Defenses: 13/13/15/15
HP: 5 (bloodied)
Surges: 7
Daily: 1
Action Point: 0
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:11 am

Kuros

With a howl, Kuros turned and attacked his enemy again.

--

Standard: Howling Strike vs 2. 25 vs AC. 13 damage.

--
Defenses: 14/16/11/13
HP: 29
Temp HP: 7
Surges Remaining: 2
Action Point: Used
Passive Insight: 10
Passive Perception: 12
Encounter Used: Goring Charge, Batter Down
Back to top Go down
Lazzy

Lazzy

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Aileia

"HA! Take that, beast! Can't even swing straight now, can you?" Aileia laughs at the berserker as she shifts backwards and launches a new attack.

Move: Shift E

Standard: Ethereal Chill (centered on purple->berserker) 6 vs. AC 6 damage. Next enemy to attack ally (purple) takes 3 cold damage.

OOC: The dice gods have abandoned me.

--

Defenses: 16/13/14/14
HP: 16/22
Surges Remaining: 3
Daily: Used
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:20 am

Nevi Tashar

"NO!" Nevi kept edging for the door as the orb expanded to surround his body. "BAD PUPPET!"

--

Standard: Total Defense.

--

Defenses: 15/10/15/15
HP: 3 (bloodied) / Surges Remaining: 0
Action Point: Used / Daily: Used / Power Points: Used
Passive Insight: 16 / Passive Perception: 14
XP: 733 / Gold: 50
Equipment: Ritual Book (Silent Image, Sending), Cloth Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Orb Implement, Potion (Light Healing)
Back to top Go down
https://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:53 am

DM's Note: With the remaining enemies close to death, I am going to call the encounter a little earlier than normal. I don't know when I'll have access to my actual computer tomorrow so I'd prefer to transition into a role play setting for the time being where I can moderate things from a distance. WE'RE STILL USING THIS THREAD THOUGH.

Turn 5

Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 ZPJXml

RP
Teetering on the brink of death, all it took was one blow from Kuros to finish off the remaining warrior. The remaining enemies proved no trouble for the party to finish. The energy field dissipates with the death of the archer.

|----------------------------------------->>> END ENCOUNTER 3 <<<-----------------------------------------|

You are free to examine the room as you see fit. The southern door is making no noise, it seems the temple has a dislike of the cultists.

This encounter was worth 500 xp, or 167 xp each.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:12 am

Nevi Tashar

Nevi tucked the orb away and gingerly poked the bodies. "Careful," he whispered, "they'll kill us again with half a chance." His Tashar noted with some distress that his Nevi soul was still mostly in control. A mind thrust shot into the corpse of a nearby warrior, shattering its brain. Nevi giggled. "Silly puppet!"

His steps left bloody footprints, to which he paid no heed.

--

Perception 22 to find gold or items on the bodies.

--

XP: 900 / Gold: 50
Equipment: Ritual Book (Silent Image, Sending), Cloth Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Orb Implement, Potion (Light Healing)
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:16 am

Kurogane

"Earlier when we first set foot in this room, I'm pretty sure I hear hollow floor under the ring pattern, maybe we should figure out what is under the floor?"

Standing at the middle of the ring pattern, Kurogane stomped on the floor, trying to figure out how big the hollow is.

Perception20
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Nevi rummages through the bodies as Kurogane stomps his feet on the ground. This temple clearly holds many secrets, but how many have the cultists already uncovered against you?

Nevi pulls an paper from one of the bodies as well as a small coin purse.

Nevi:
Spoiler:

Kurogane:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Nevi Tashar

"We should rest," Nevi proposed, "before I turn into a puppet, and I die! And then we should find the Ratic puppet, in the inner sacrifice."

--

Nevi tucks the note away for safekeeping.
He will take an extended rest if the party agrees to it, taking shifts to watch for counterattacks from within the temple.

--

XP: 900 / Gold: 100
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Kuros

"I think we should rest...but only because Nevi needs it."

--

Kuros will search the bodies for anything useful...like maybe XP.

--
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Kurogane

"I'll take guard duty for the moment, you guys decide who to replace me." Still interested in what's below the floor, Kurogane sits down on top of the hollow floor and started to meditate."Anyone has any food? I don't really want to eat ration anymore"

Back to top Go down
Lazzy

Lazzy

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 am

Aileia

Aileia's eyes followed Kurogane as he sat beside the ring in the ground. She, too, was curious about the ring. But so far her curious and propensity to push interesting buttons had only gotten them nearly killed on multiple occasions. Fighting the urge to press the big red button on the wall behind the rings, she knelt beside the rings and examined them without touching (except her brush for dust!).

"I'm afraid rations are all I have," she said absentmindedly as she brushed the dust from an interesting carving in the ring. "Although I might have an apple somewhere..." Aileia rummages in her bag for a short time. "Yes, one of the goblins gave it to me." She tossed it to Kurogane, then returned to the ring. Perhaps... 0... 1?
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:14 am

As the party settles down in an attempt to rest, they can feel the entire temple shake about once every 30 minutes. The tremors seem to be emanating from deep beneath the temple structure. Perhaps this is the doing of the new cultists they have encountered.

You take an extended rest successfully, but the tremors continue throughout the night.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:43 am

Nevi Tashar

Nevi's sleep was constantly interrupted by tremors, and every time he awoke he felt his Nevi soul taking more control. When the party finally roused he sat upright, giggling. "The animals are very safe," he said in a conspiratorial tone to Kuros. "We will never see them again!" He stepped over the bodies of the dead and tried the door leading down to Ratic.

--

Nevi opens the south-east-most door.

--

HP: 22 / Surges Remaining: 6
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:52 am

Kurogane

"Gah, I can't meditate with all this shaking" Kurogane stood up, "And the curiosity is killing me as well. Forget it, I'm going down."

With great force, Kurogane tries to open the floor up by a heavy stomp

Strength check gets 16
Back to top Go down
Lazzy

Lazzy

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Aileia

Aileia woke refreshed after about 4 hours. Being part tree did have its advantages. She noticed the monk preparing to stomp on the ring on the floor and wondered if, perhaps, they had all gone a little mad down here. Aileia shrugged. ~I suppose it's straight back to exploring then! Can I push the button now?~ she wondered. She stood and walked to the side of the room which was behind the rings. During the battle, she had noticed the bright red keypad. Perhaps this had something to do with the rings? There was no way the temple ended here. Ignoring the part of her brain screaming to examine it first, she reached out and pushed the button.
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:39 pm

Kuros

Kuros awoke refreshed and angry. "We have wasted too much time. Let's kill something."

--
Encounter Used:
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:46 pm

IMPORTANT REMINDER: Since you took an extended rest, you can write an adventure log now. Title it "[Character Name] - The Mysterious Temple, part 1". You will earn 1 legacy point for doing so, which can be used to reset ANY d20 roll. One legacy point can be used to recharge an encounter power, while 2 can be used to reset a daily.

Nevi opened the South door at the exact second Aileia pressed the big red (totally not dangerous) button. The button began to flash, and a high pitched wailing noise could be heard emanating from beneath the ring pattern. Kuros and Nevi readied themselves for battle as Kurogane stomped the ground with insufficient force.

|------------------------------------>>> BEGIN ENCOUNTER 4 - RETURN TO THE SOUTH <<<------------------------------------|

Pre-Battle

Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EK6x6l

Description
The hallway is exactly the same as you remember it. The cultists inside are ready for you, though they didn't expect you to come through the door that you did. A familiar green energy field hums in the room, similar to the one that used to exist in the ring room. You aren't sure what the wailing noise coming from beneath Kurogane means. The two red numbers, as before, are wielding swords and shield, while the purple number has a bow and a short sword.

Initiative Order:
Nevi
Kuros
Kurogane
Aileia

Let the bloody mess begin!
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Kurogane

Fighting the urge to explore the hollow under the floor, Kurogane rushed into the room. "My friends need me more, can't repeat the same mistake."

Move: MoveS, S, SW, S, S

Ready: Kurogane readies Dancing Cobra, using the power as soon as there's an enemy move within range. 18 vs Reflex, 13 damage, and 3 extra damage due to Stone Fist Flurry of Blows
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:54 am

Nevi Tashar

"Not this time!" shouted Nevi as he ran into the room. "This time my tree friends will kill you, puppets! And then we will all be dead!"

--

Move: Sx2
Standard: Mind Thrust (Archer) 23 vs Fort, 14 damage.

--

HP: 22 / Surges Remaining: 6
Action Point: Ready / Daily: Ready / Power Points: 2

Last edited by traveurysm on Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lazzy

Lazzy

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Aileia

"Really now!" Aileia muttered as she turned to face the newly-opened door, the wailing from below still ringing in her ears.

Move: W W SW S

Standard: Ethereal Chill 13 vs. Reflex 6 damage.
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Kuros

Move: SE > Sx3

Standard: Total Defense
--
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Turn 1

Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 Azyjrl

RP
Stumbling into the room in a disorganized mess, the party began their assault on the final hallway. Nevi unleashed a mind attack against the archer, devastating him in the process. Kuros then entered the room and assumed a defensive stance in front of Nevi, right as Kurogane bumped into him from behind. Aileia was also stymied, but managed to launch an attack that narrowly missed her target.

The cultists almost immediately mounted a counterattack. The first warrior charged Kuros, dealing a minor blow that barely penetrated the minotaur's leather armor. Warrior 2 followed up with an attack against Nevi, injuring the mad psion. The archer let loose a yelp before scrambling away from his perch, turning to launch an arrow in Nevi's direction.

At that exact instant, the red button turned solid bright red, and the ring pattern retracted into the floor. A set of 6 six rings almost identical to the pattern rose instantly out of the ground, the highest one barely above Kuros' horns while the bottom one hovered an inch off the ground. A bright light shown inside the rings before they retracted back into the ground, and the pattern resumed its original position. The button stopped glowing and the room resumed its original appearance.

Technical
Nevi - dealt 14 damage to the archer
Kuros - Total defense
Kurogane - moved into the room
Aileia - Missed

Warrior 1 - dealt 6 damage to Kuros
Warrior 2 - dealt 8 damage to Nevi
Archer - dealt 7 damage to Nevi

Nevi:
Spoiler:

DM's Note: Why you all move into the same square?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Encounter - The Mysterious Temple - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Encounter - The Mysterious Temple
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next