Legions a Dark Samurai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Army of the Dead: Setting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

Army of the Dead: Setting Empty
PostSubject: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:17 pm

This post contains information on the setting of the Army of the Dead campaign, and relevant information for character building.

The Setting:
You are all denizens of Tyrvo. Tyrvo is a small village, which clings to the lower slopes of the hill on which the wizard's tower stands, both to stay close to the tower’s protection and to keep the level lowlands available for farming. The hill is the tallest of several in the area. There 150 homes in the village, all made of wattle-and-daub and containing no more than three rooms. They are closely set, separated by less than a yard. About half have a small patch of garden in back.

A few clusters of houses are scattered beyond the village proper, on hills in sight of the tower. Several of the families living farther away herd sheep and goats, which are kept in stone pens when not grazing the hillsides.

Water is drawn from a broad, shallow stream to the southwest. The stream can be forded in several places, and the water is rarely deeper than a man’s height. The deeper spots provide a little fishing.

The wizard's tower has perched atop this steep hill for centuries. It has served as a home to minor noblemen, bandits, and wild animals in need of shelter. Thirty years ago, the wizard Octavius took up residence and nominal authority over the village below. The tower is modest for someone of his power, but it is also venerable, defensible, and remote from major civilization.

There are many rumors about Octavius, but few solid facts. He rarely leaves the tower relying on his many servants to gather the things needed for his research and experiments. Villagers used to visit the tower to resolve disputes. They would meet with Maggio, Octavius' senior apprentice. But recently the tower has been sealed off from visitors, and those who stray near have gone missing.

Notes for Character Building:
For character building use GURPS Magic (GURPS Fantasy and GURPS Banestorm are optional additions for character options).
Build your character using 150 points.
Your characters will all start in the village inn, a popular drinking meeting place.

PM or email me your character ideas/backstory, and any questions you have. I am pretty flexible.

EDIT:
The world has normal mana.
The maximum Magery available is 4.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:35 pm

My character idea (I don't have any of the books on me atm):

Goran, 44 years old, is the village soothsayer. His ability to see things others can't has been proven repeatedly, but unfortunately his character is not strong. Twice he lied to the entire village for his own benefit - once to try to depose a respected village elder, once to stop the wedding of a woman he's obsessed with (possibly another PC? Or maybe she's been kidnapped by the wizard?) Both times he was caught in the lie, and now he's the black sheep of the village. He's treated with a mixture of disdain and respect. People come to him at night seeking help, but few actually take his advice.

Goran is a competent fighter with a staff and knows many useful non-combat spells.
Back to top Go down
https://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Ivan Lidvenov, 43

Ivan isn't a native of the village. He arrived about 2 months ago, but no one knows what he's up to. The innkeeper likes him, but that's only because he pays the rent.

Recently village folk have seen Ivan poking around the mysterious tower, but they know better than to ask questions of strangers.

Glum and humorless, Ivan never displays any emotion. The few people who have tried getting to know him have been repulsed rather rudely. Perhaps someday the village will know his purpose, but for now he is almost as big a mystery as Octavius himself.

Ivan carries a shortsword with him at all times, and beneath his cloak one can sometimes spot a set a leather armor. Whether he is skilled with these is something nobody has bothered finding out as of yet.
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Both of those look great. Send me the character details when you finish them so I can take a peak.
Back to top Go down
valarmorghulis

valarmorghulis

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:03 pm

I don't have any books on me at the moment either. but here is my character idea.

Preston Mugwort 16.

In an effort to keep this squirrely youth from causing mischief in town, Preston's job since he turned ten has been to keep watch for any "potential threats" to the village and blow his horn if he sees anything. A braggart by nature, Preston is so certain of the importance of his job that he refers to himself as the "defender of the village". Convinced of his "heroic" responsibility, Preston naturally sees it as his job to investigate the strange goings on at the wizard's tower.

Despite his delusions of grandeur, Preston is a clever lad who makes up for his small size with his quick nimble movements. He has also spent his hours "on watch" practicing throwing his knife at any wall, log, or apple core in sight. His knife was a gift from his older brother who is one of the Octavius' servants. Preston hasn't seen his brother since the tower was sealed off, and he is justifiably worried.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:44 pm

Magic intimidates me, so I'm gonna build something else ... SIR ORLIN, a knight who appears a great deal more courageous than he really is.
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:00 am

Looking good. What is Prestons brothers name?

T, how many players will we have?
Back to top Go down
TheRealKitKat

TheRealKitKat

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:06 am

Alice Morgan - aged 32

Ms. Morgan comes from a big city. She has high visibility and generally keeps with upper class company. She goes to great pains to hide her lowly beginnings as a street urchin and keep her influence. She has become adept with the workings of underworld, black markets, and general street rabble. Her beauty and charisma can persuade nearly anyone (at least male). And when all else fails, Alice has her elegant, but deadly, fans. Although she prefers to defeat her foe without dirtying her own hands, she has no qualms with getting up close and personal to get the job done.

Sine Alice has arrived in Tyrvo, she has been seen asking for Maggio as well as buying many of his favorite foods and drinks.

Back to top Go down
valarmorghulis

valarmorghulis

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:25 am

Preston's brother's name is Gerald.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:30 am

Name: Orlin
Race: Human

Attributes [120]
ST 10
DX 13 [60]
IQ 13 [60]
HT 10

Damage 1d-2/1d

Basic Speed 5.75
Basic Move 5

Basic Lift 20
Fright Check 0
Ground Move 5
Hearing 13
Perception 13
Size Modifier 0
Taste/Smell 13
Tech Level 3
Touch 13
Vision 13
Water Move 1
Will 13

Advantages [52]
Appearance (Beautiful) [12]
Charisma (2) [10]
NO Duty (Liege lord) [5]
Rapier Wit [5]
Status (2) [10]
Wealth (Comfortable) [10]

Disadvantages [-75]
Code of Honor (Chivalry) [-15]
Compulsive Generosity (12 or less) [-5]
Compulsive Vowing (12 or less) [-5]
Curious (12 or less) [-5]
Easy to Read [-10]
Honesty (6 or less) [-20]
Vow (Never refuse a request for aid) (Great) [-15]

Packages [0]
Heroic Knight [0]

Skills [52]
Armoury/TL3 (Melee Weapons) IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Broadsword DX/A - DX-1 12 [1]
Dancing DX/A - DX+0 13 [2]
Heraldry IQ/A - IQ+2 15 [6]
Leadership IQ/A - IQ+2 15 [2]
includes: +2 from 'Charisma'
Poetry IQ/A - IQ+3 16 [12]
Public Speaking IQ/A - IQ+3 16 [4]
includes: +2 from 'Charisma'
Savoir-Faire (High Society) IQ/E - IQ+3 16 [8]
Sex Appeal HT/A - HT+2 12 [8]
Shield (Shield) DX/E - DX+2 15 [4]
Tactics IQ/H - IQ+0 13 [4]

Stats [120] Ads [52] Disads [-75] Quirks [0] Skills [52] = Total [149]

Equipment: Broadsword, Large Shield, Formal Clothing.

Backstory to follow soon.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:33 am

Logan, we're looking at me, zack, kitkat, Jon, and Cynthia. David might wanna play too. So ... 5-6.
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:38 am

Love the stats. you don't need to post all your backstory here. wait to finish out until I can skype w you about it.

Nat, nice pick, go ahead and create her.

Out of town till sat so my responses will be slow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army of the Dead: Setting   Army of the Dead: Setting Empty

Back to top Go down

Army of the Dead: Setting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legions a Dark Samurai :: Tabletop Games :: Army of the Dead-
Jump to: