Legions a Dark Samurai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dark Side of DMing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

The Dark Side of DMing Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Side of DMing   The Dark Side of DMing EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:13 pm

DMing is fun. You get to construct an entire world for your players to explore and adventure in. You can be as evil and tyrannical or as benevolent and loving as you want. But there's another name used interchangeably with DM: Game Master.

A lot can be said for the rules of Game Mastering. The most important rule is thus:

Code:
Rule 0. Your campaign must be fun.

Most people think creative encounters and interesting puzzles fall into this category, but other things like pacing and maintaining a fun schedule that balances player's responsibility are also included. That means its my job to make sure we keep going at a decent pace.

We're all adults, we have lives, responsibilities, and even wives. Don't be the guy who makes us all wait days at a time between turns, because that isn't fun for anyone. I don't need to put in a turn timer, because I don't want posting to become homework. But please, be considerate of others and try to maintain at least one post per day. You'll make everyone happy. And we might even get to the next dungeon before my cholesterol catches up with me.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

The Dark Side of DMing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dark Side of DMing   The Dark Side of DMing EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:59 pm

That's why I'm a vegetarian!
Back to top Go down
https://dksm.canadian-forum.com

The Dark Side of DMing
Page 1 of 1