Legions a Dark Samurai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves

Go down 
+2
TheRambizzle
traveurysm
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:20 pm

If the door had a keyhole: Corvo looked through the keyhole into the conservatory
If the door had no keyhole, but there looks like a way onto the roof: Corvo climbed (or warped if he could not reach his target otherwise) to the roof.
If the door had no keyhole and there was no way to the roof: Corvo muttered "The Outsider was right about dark vision."
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:41 am

Wang called into the radio "We better do this ASAP, I heard vampires have keen hearing as well, don't want to take too long and find out that they were waken by Martha." Seeing Kespa trying to do something, Wang got curious,"What are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
TheRealKitKat

TheRealKitKat

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 am

"I can sense heat," whispered Kespa. She nodded towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:20 pm

"Great id... Wait, aren't those suckers supposed to be cold-blooded? I don't think they emit heat signal. Hmm..." Wang took out his radio, "Dane, do you smell anything?"
Back to top Go down
TheRealKitKat

TheRealKitKat

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:03 pm

"If they've sucked blood recently Ill still be able to see them."

Kespa would have added, "Don't underestimate my skills, Wang." But in light of her recent failure, she held her tongue.
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:45 am

Dane braced himself against the door frame of the room he had claimed for himself. He took a sniff of the air in the immediate area, trying to see if he could discriminate between anything of interest.

"Wait for my signal, then we breach together," he said softly into his radio.

--

Attempt to smell skill is 12, roll is 7.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:58 pm

The team looked around, assessing their options before breaching.

--

Corvo,
Spoiler:

Kespa,
Spoiler:

Dane,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://dksm.canadian-forum.com
TheRealKitKat

TheRealKitKat

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Kespa nodded at Wang and raised her finger to show that there was one person in the living room in front of them.

She readied herself to breach the door.
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:52 am

"Get ready team, it smells like they've fed recently.

We breach in 3... 2... 1..."

Dane kicked open the door.
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Pulling out his guns, Wang followed Dane's cue and started the breach
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Corvo walked around the side of the house, searching for a ledge he could warp up to.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:10 am

Amadea remained by Corvo to wait for his directions.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:45 am

Dane kicked open the door and stepped inside, scanning the room quickly beyond his sights. Clear.

Wang and Kespa blinked for a moment, their eyes adjusting to the darkness. Two vampires were sitting on the floor playing chess. They leapt to their feet, hissing. Their hands extended on either side as if they meant to give the newcomers hugs, exposing claw-like long fingernails. The vampires were well dressed. One's coat was stained with blood.

"Smells delicious," hissed the other.

Meanwhile, Corvo and Amadea trapsied about outside.

--

Look at the Map

--

I pinkie-promise the next map will look nicer. Learning a ton from each mission.

So yeah, we all sort of took a break from the campaign. But we're back in the swing of things! Let's try to do a post each day, so we can kill these vampires before I have grandchildren.
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Seeing nothing, Dane immediately proceeded to the next room. Realizing the limitations of his own stealth abilities, he decided to the direct approach was probably better.

Dane kicked open the door, and scanned the room, rifle trained on any potential threats.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 pm

Amadea whispered to Corvo: "I can make myself unsubstantial and look around, then tell you telepathically if the coast is clear...want me to do that?"
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:21 am

"Hungry? Here's a solution: Eat lead." Wang activated the laser sights and opened fire with both pistols on the vampire that talked

-----------------
Wang Attack the vampire that talked (assuming Vampire 2)
Left hand: To hit: 18, roll gets 6, damage roll's 8 if hit
Right hand: To hit: 17, roll gets 15, damage roll's 8 if hit
Back to top Go down
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster
TheRambizzle

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:37 pm

"I...fine." Said Corvo briskly. "Be fast"

Corvo sat down and pulled up a blade of grass muttering "This isn't how it was supposed to happen"
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Rolling her eyes at Corvo's unwilling compliance, Amadea took one second to switch and slipped through the wall. With or without a light, she could see whatever was inside. Corvo's skill would come in handy once the coast was clear.
Back to top Go down
TheRealKitKat

TheRealKitKat

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:01 am

Kespa laughed, "You sure about me tasting good?!"

She fired one shot at the other vampire.

--

(on the vampire Wang did NOT shoot at)

Shotgun Skill: 16
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 12:55 am

View the Map

--

Wang whipped out both pistols and opened fire, delivering three clean shots through the head. The vampire collapsed. Next to him, Kespa calmly leveled her alien shotgun and blasted the other vampire away. The smell of ash and burnt plasma filled the air.

"Intruders!" Shrieked a young female voice upstairs.

"Edward?" Another female voice cried. "Are you alright?"

The first voice: "To your positions!"

--

Amadea insubstantiates. She can move through the wall next turn.

Wang gets a critical success in his left hand and a success in his right. The non-crit success is dodged. Vampire 2 is hit 3 times. The crit tables say Wang gets to do maximum damage with his crits, for 42 damage. Vampire 2 dies.

Kespa gets an 8 to hit, a success. Since she's firing close range, we multiply her basic damage and the target's DR by 6. The vampire fails his dodge. Kespa's total damage is 120. The pellets don't penetrate armor well, though. The vampire's effective DR is 48. He takes 72 damage. Since Kespa penetrated DR, her follow-up explosive attack hits for an extra 12 damage. Vampire 1 takes 84 damage and dies.

Corvo sits the heck around.

Dane heads for the door.

--

OOC: I love it when you do the math for me, but please always show your work. If you don't, I have to redo everything anyway and guess to see if you missed anything/if there are any modifiers I want to add. It ends up costing me time.

What I really need to know is what maneuver you take, your relevant skill level, your target/number of shots, and your weapon stats. If you put that into your post, I'll handle the rest! And I don't have to dig around as much.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:39 am

OOC: nice use of words, Travis. What with the name Edward and the phrase "sits the heck around," I like your style. It's just so likeable.
Also OOC: sorry for not posting my math.

-------------
Amadea's ghostly form slipped easily through the outer wall of the mansion.

-------------
Amadea moves through the wall.
Back to top Go down
Izendale

Izendale

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:48 pm

OOC: And to think i edited the math part out...... epicfail.jpg

"Well this is exciting" Wang tried to be snarky. "Seems like we just shot one of my favorite snark practice target. RIP Cullen, RIP." He then tried to move behind the door (the one to the west leading to the corridor) and ready to ambush the next creature coming through.
Back to top Go down
TheRealKitKat

TheRealKitKat

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Kespa grinned at Wang.

She moved 5 spaces to be next to the fireplace and attempted to use her Infravision again to see who/what would be coming through the door next.
Back to top Go down
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter
Truthquark

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Dane kicked down the door and trained his weapon on whatever lay inside the next room.
Back to top Go down
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes
traveurysm

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:00 am

OOC: The campaign isn't dead! There were holidays and I got distracted. I'm back now. We just took a month break. But yeah I'm back.

No new map this post as there's no combat. Here's the one from the last post.

Skipping Corvo's turn because, well, it's been a month. Come on man. Have some pride.

--

Amadea faded from view and slipped into the mansion. It looked like a patio; it had lawn chairs and a barbecue; but in the pitch darkness it was simply unsettling. All clear.

Kespa and Wang repositioned themselves. Kespa saw nothing beyond the door, but there was a faint signature upstairs.

Dane kicked open the door and stepped into the hall, rifle at the ready. He heard scuffling coming from the stairs to his right. "Get ready, get ready!" A harsh male voice rasped. "When he comes through you blast him!" Then shushing sounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves   Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode 3: MacGuffins Don't Save Themselves
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next