Legions a Dark Samurai

Official forums of the [DKSM] gaming clan.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Encounter - The Mysterious Temple

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes


Posts : 395
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Colonial One

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:40 pm

"We must open this door," Nevi says quietly. His voice has changed; he seems calmer and more serious. "Strike it again, cow."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Lazzy



Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:43 pm

"Guys, we haven't even checked these side doors. And I know the humming is definitely coming from THIS door." Then, realizing how crazy that must sound, she amends herself, "Don't you hear it too, Kurogane?" Aileia reaches, unbidden, for the handle of the door before her, and attempts to open it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter


Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:44 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND the door opens easily.

|------------------------------->>> BEGIN ENCOUNTER 2 - North Hallway <<<-------------------------------|

Will edit with relevant details shortly. Please specify in a post where your character was when Aileia opened the door. Logan if you want to say Kuros was getting up and preparing to bash in the other door, you are free to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izendale



Posts : 191
Join date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:45 pm

"Yeah I do. Sorry, after years of watching my fellow monks busting cult rings through front gates, i tend to assume things never happen behind smaller doors"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:46 pm

He was
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izendale



Posts : 191
Join date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Kurogane will be standing right next to the big gate, still thinking of opening it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes


Posts : 395
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Colonial One

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Standing next to Kuros, near the middle of the chamber.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter


Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Pre-Battle



When Aileia opens the door, the buzzing noise that had previously bothered only her and Kurogane is now audible to the entire party. It is not loud, but it is perceptible.

The room is mostly empty, save for the two large warriors clad in simple leather armor standing towards the end of the hallway. They have the image of the red sun emblazoned on their bald foreheads.

There is a lever about two spaces west of the warriors. The North wall is covered in a lavish mural depicting three standing figures that appear human. The center one is holding an orb up to the sky while the two figures to his left and right and staring at it in awe. Above the orb is an image that appears to be a map of Valeya and its three sister shards, outlined by a circle containing all four shards.

Roll initiative and IM or text it to me please

Encounter is cleared for takeoff - post your turns!


Last edited by Friction01 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes


Posts : 395
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Colonial One

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:28 pm

"More puppets!" A thrill of excitment runs down Nevi's spine and he's suppresses it. He must maintain control. Mustn't let the shattered monk mind come back. Just stay in the moment. Protect his friends.

Move Nx6 to the northwest corner of the new room.

Nevi sees the warriors and the thrill intensifies. A sly grin crosses his face. It just feels to good to kill the puppets ...
"Hello Puppets! We are all dead now!"

Standard: Dimensional Scramble Burst 1 originating directly between the warriors.

Warrior 1: 10 vs Fort / 7 damage, teleport Ex2 to northeast corner
Warrior 2: 16 vs Fort / 7 damage, teleport Ex2

--

Defenses: 15/10/15/15
HP:22
Surges Remaining: 3
Daily: Used
Action Point: Used
Power Points: 2
Passive Insight: 16
Passive Perception 14
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Izendale



Posts : 191
Join date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:36 pm

"You guys occupy the others, I'll storm the main room!!"

Minor: Strength trying to bash the doors open, 14

If not open, Standard: Dancing Cobra, trying to destroy the gate, 12, if hits, deals 7 damage

Will respond to what is behind the gates if opened.



ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 14, DEX 16, INT 8, WIS 16, CHA 12

AC: 13 Fort: 13 Ref: 15 Will: 15
HP: 18 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

Used: Action point
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazzy



Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:06 pm

"Kurogane, you're going to get us all killed if you run through that door! We work as a team or we all die!" Aileia shouts before running into the side room.

Move: Nx3

Standard: Aggravating Force (Warrior 1) 20+6 vs. AC. 12 damage. Next ally to attack before the end of Aileia's next turn gains a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.

--

Defenses: 16, 13, 14, 14
HP: 23
Surges: 6
Daily: 1
Action Point: 1
Passive Insight: 13
Passive Perception: 18
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Kuros looks at the warriors and grins. "More. Good." He runs, his speed breaking into a charge assaulting and warrior with all his primal strength

Move: E Nx4

Standard: Charge Ex3. Howling Strike 20 vs AC. 18 damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:12 pm

OOC: Can we re-enable signatures so I can put my defensive stats in my sig? Ty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter


Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:50 am

Turn 1



RP
Taking positions in the next room, the party quickly assaulted the newest enemies. Aileia cast a spell at them with a precision that startled even her, but the spell fizzled right before it hit the first warrior. Kurogane continued his single-minded assault on the large door, but his efforts seem to be yielding little fruit. Kuros' actions were must more dramatic though.

Kuros charged the second warrior, but right before he collided, he felt a strange forceful sensation against his entire body. With an electrical jolt, he was sent flying backwards into the room. In similar fashion the Aileia, Nevi could feel some kind of force blocking his mental outreach. The warriors both broke out into a peel of laughter.

Technical
Aileia - Spell fizzled
Kurogane - Strength check failed, attack seemed to be resisted by the door
Kuros - Charged headfirst into some kind of force field. Takes damage equal to his strength modifier, and is knocked back 1d4 squares. Make an acrobatics check. If the result is 12 or greater, you maintain your footing, otherwise you are knocked prone.
Nevi - Spell was blocked by some kind of shield

Berserker 1 - Delay
Berserker 2 - Delay

Note: each time either a spell or a minotaur impacted the line immediately behind the lever, a strange green energy could be seen that stopped it in its tracks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izendale



Posts : 191
Join date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:57 am

Kurogane
"But the cultists?"Kurogane seems to have calmed down a bit, right before he heard the Minotaur's grunt after he collided the ground. Concerned, he asked "Everything going well inside?"
Idea
Delay til hearing response from the room

After hearing the thud the minotaur made when he land, Kurogane snapped back to his sense. 'Always help whoever is in need of help first' muttered the monk. He then rushed into the room, ready to lend hand to his comrads, at least he thinks they are.

Move action: Move NW,NW,N,N,NE

GM Edit: Move changed to NW NW N N N to prevent collision with giant minotaur. You delayed your turn til the end of the PC initiative order, after all.


Last edited by Izendale on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes


Posts : 395
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Colonial One

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:08 am

Nevi Tashar

Nevi winced as a drop of warm blood trickle down from his left ear. He could hear only a dull ringing. Shook his head to clear it. He hadn't encountered a barrier like that since the torture chambers in the Dreaming Dark. "The darkness," he whispered. "It has followed me." He turned and walked quickly out of the room.

--

Move: Sx6
Standard: Move Sx3
Minor: Open Door

--

Defenses: 15/10/15/15
HP:22
Surges Remaining: 3
Daily: Used
Action Point: Used
Power Points: 2
Passive Insight: 16
Passive Perception 14
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dksm.canadian-forum.com
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:10 am

Kuros

Kuros stumbles back falling flat on his back in complete confusion. "What madness is this?!" He asks shaken getting to his feet and lifting his axe into a defensive stance. He glares at the guards "Cowards."

--

Acrobatics save: 4
Move: Kuros gets to his feet.
Standard: Total Defense. +2 to all d.

--

Defenses: 14/16/11/13 (16/18/13/15 from Total Defense)
HP: 25
Surges Remaining: 7
Action Point: Used
Passive Insight: 10
Passive Perception: 12
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazzy



Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Dismayed at her inability to strike the guards, Aileia retreats behind the opened door.

Move: Sx2

"What is this?" she demands. Then the lever catches her eye, and she gazes solemly at the mural on the North wall. "Do you think it's some sort of spell? I wonder what happens if we pull that lever..."

Minor: Arcana check 12+9 to detect magic around the lever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter


Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:57 am

Turn 2



RP
Dismayed by the strange show of magic, the party became quickly divided as to the best course of action. Aileia attempted to discern something about the lever on the nearby wall, while Kuros stood his ground against the new threat. Nevi, apparently suffering from some sort of flashback, fled the room immediately in favor of the southern hallway, where he encountered even more enemies.

Meanwhile back in the north hall, the berserkers sneered at Kuros, saying plainly, "You want a fight cow-man? Pull the lever and you'll have the all the fight you could want." A low chuckle emanated from his partner warrior.

Technical

Aileia - Arcana check
Kurogane - delay, then move into north hall AFTER Nevi's action (move modified by GM)
Kuros - Total defense
Nevi - move and open the southern hallway

Berserker 1 - Delay
Berserker 2 - Delay

Aileia:
Spoiler:
 

Note about the new room: there are two warriors identical to the ones you fought earlier, plus an archer standing behind a plainly visible green energy barrier. You get the feeling it is different from the barrier in the other room, but you don't know exactly how. There is a mural identical to the one in the other hallway on the southern-most wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes


Posts : 395
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Colonial One

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:12 am

Nevi Tashar

Nevi feels a mix of satisfaction and fear as the door swings open and the additional foes come into view. No time to waste. He has to strike them down before they have time to react. He releases his mind slightly, allowing the Nevi soul to take over. A quick laugh. He steps into the room and scans briefly for the weakest mind. There it is! Nevi applies a light pressure to it; just enough to make the warrior's head spin. He can't push harder than that; no, he has to focus. He presses two fingers to his temple and smiles gleefully as the center of the room collapses and swirls together.

--

Move: Sx2
Minor: Distract (Red Warrior 2); he gives CA until end of my next turn and I get +3 to next damage roll against him.
Standard: Dimensional Scramble Augment 2. Burst 1 originating 1S of (Warrior 2). Nevi watches to see if anything interesting happens to the shield.

Warrior 1: 10 vs Fort, 12 damage and teleport Ex2 into the shield
Warrior 2: 11 vs Fort, 15 damage and teleport Ex2

OOC: The dice gods hate me.

--

Defenses: 15/10/15/15
HP:22
Surges Remaining: 3
Daily: Used
Action Point: Used
Power Points: 0
Passive Insight: 16
Passive Perception 14
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dksm.canadian-forum.com
TheRambizzle
Scoutmaster


Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Summoner's Rift

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:35 am

Kuros

"Good. Now you die." Kuros takes a bold step forward and pulls the lever. Then he presses forward to attack his enemy chuckling, but his chuckles stop when the attack is less than remarkable.

--

Move: E
Minor: Pull the lever
Standard: Pressing Strike Kuros shifts E before the attack. 15 vs AC. 7 Damage.

--

Defenses: 14/16/11/13
HP: 25
Surges Remaining: 7
Action Point: Used
Passive Insight: 10
Passive Perception: 12
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izendale



Posts : 191
Join date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Kurogane

"More cultists!! Fine, I'll destroy you, minion to minion" Not knowing the unknown invisible wall, Kurogane Charges towards the closest Cultist Warrior (Cultist Warrior 2)

Move: Move NE, E, SE

Standard: Dancing Cobra, (Cultist Warrior 2), 6 vs Reflex, 11 damage on hit. Stone Fist Flurry of Blows deals 3 damage on (Cultist Warrior 2) if first hit hits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazzy



Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:48 am

"I'd been meaning to do this while we were yet resting, however..." Aileia mutters as she reaches out to infuse Kuros' armor with a fire spirit. "You'll see, minotaur. Some magical instruments are of use."

Move: E

Minor: Flameburst Armor (Kuros) Until the end of the encounter, Kuros gains resist 5 fire, as well as granting Aileia the ability to use the enchantment as an attack when Kuros is within 5 squares of her.

Minor: Hamadryad Aspects: Spellbinding Beauty (Self) Every enemy in sight grants Aileia combat advantage.

--

Used:
Daily Flameburst Armor: Enchant
Encounter Hamadryad Aspects
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthquark
Angry and Bitter


Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:40 am

NOTE: KUROGANE IS ACTUALLY TWO SQUARES WEST OF WHERE THE MAP DEPICTS HIM

Turn 3



RP
Trusting almost wholly in the proclamation of the enemy, the party set out with the indomitable purpose of pulling the mysterious lever. The result was half of what they expected. Aileia prepared Kuros for the great task by enchanting his armor, while Kurogane provided him with the flashy vanguard needed for such an occasion. Of course, Kurogane's nose did not appreciate the collision with the still-active force field, but it looked impressive.

Taking no heed to the crazed monk, Kuros pulled the lever of destiny. Immediately as he did so, the humming noise that permeated the room vanished without a trace, and a trap door opened beneath Kuros.

On the other side of the room, Nevi did battle with three other enemies. His attempts to warp reality met with nothing but contempt from the laws of physics as his enemies began to press in on him.

Technical
Aileia - Move unresolved; East takes you into a wall, North stops in Kurogane's former square, South takes you out of LoS for Kuros, remained in place
Kurogane - Move modified to one extra East, as anything less would not put you in range to attack. Collided with force field. Takes damage equal to his strength modifier, and is knocked back 2 squares. Make an acrobatics check. A 12 or higher means you retain your footing, anything less and you fall prone.
Kuros - Pulled the lever. Make an acrobatics check. 12 or higher means you managed to grab the floor (ie not fall completely into pit), anything less and you fell in.
Nevi - Double miss

Berserker 1 - Readied his weapon
Berserker 2 - Moved, readied his weapon
Warrior 1 - Dealt 7 damage to Nevi
Warrior 2 - Dealt 6 damage to Nevi
Archer - Dealt 5 damage to Nevi

Nevi:
Spoiler:
 

OOC: Yes Nevi, the dice gods hate you A LOT. My only surprise is that none of your enemies crit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
traveurysm
Perving on your Dudes


Posts : 395
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Colonial One

PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:00 am

Nevi Tashar

Even that slight pressure on the warrior's mind was too much! Nevi lost concentration and the room didn't change. The moment was gone; his foes closed in, Nevi saw his own blood spraying across his vision. First two brutal axe chops, then an arrow to the shoulder. These puppets meant business ... Tashar's reasoning soul began to take over. He must preserve this body.

"Sorry," said Nevi, yanking the arrow out with a grimace, "You won't be disturbed! Don't disturb us any more!" He backed away slowly, slammed the door, and leaned against it, leaving a bloody imprint.

--

Move: Shift N.
Standard: Shift N.
Minor: Close door, lean against it. Strength check 17 to keep it closed if anyone tries to open.

--

Defenses: 15/10/15/15
HP:4 (bloodied)
Surges Remaining: 3
Daily: Used
Action Point: Used
Power Points: 0
Passive Insight: 16
Passive Perception 14


Last edited by traveurysm on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dksm.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Encounter - The Mysterious Temple   

Back to top Go down
 
Encounter - The Mysterious Temple
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Stone Tower Temple replacement?
» DJN Project & Temple Movement-Back & Forth
» Mission: Temple Offerings *spoilers and a warning*
» The Temple of Ironforge
» Ideas on a ruined Eldar Temple style basing

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legions a Dark Samurai :: Tabletop Games :: Shards of Vorenthal-
Jump to: